Kinda Kamayan is an original and immersive tasting experience that features the unique and bold Filipino-fusion cuisine of leading San Diego chefs. A first-time and of its kind event, you won’t want to miss all the mouth-watering specialty dishes to grace this newly opened restaurant!
“Kamayan” is a Filipino word that loosely translates to ‘shake hands,’ but when it comes to food, put those forks and spoons away because here it refers to the spirit of eating with your hands.
Ticket RSVP through Eventbrite to the event will include exclusive access to the Ocean Pacific Grille tasting arena and will include 6 food vouchers to numerous chef creations. Live Filipino cultural and modern performances will liven the night and specialized beer & wine pairings will be available.
++ Featured Chefs ++
Charles Andres, Ocean Pacific Grille
AC Boral, So Good & Delicious
& More TBA
++ Entertainment by ++
For any inquiries, please email email@example.com
- San Francisco – Thursday 8/27/15 Pa’ina Lounge & Restaurant
- Los Angeles – Friday 8/28/15 Shaky Town Live
- San Diego – Saturday 8/29/15 The Comedy Palace
Online tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-filipino-comedy-tour-san-diego-tickets-17386675013
Military & Students discount: $20 per ticket
Special: Buy 5 tix & get 1 FREE
Fundraiser supporting the Apl.de.Ap Foundation and Philippine American Celebration (BPC 2015 PAC)!
About The Filipino Comedy Tour
The Filipino Comedy Tour had a successful run in 2014 with SOLD OUT shows in Mississauga Canada, Toronto Canada, Los Angeles CA, Glendale CA and Honolulu HI. THE FILIPINO COMEDY TOUR will kick off its 2015 California tour August 27th in San Francisco to Los Angeles August 28th, and final show August 29th in San Diego. THE FILIPINO COMEDY TOUR features comics Ron Josol, Joey Guila, Justin Rivera, Keith Pedro, Rembrandt, and Micheal Quu who will have you laughing till it hurts! Special guest Rad Reyes will join the San Francisco show with music from DJ R1CKONE for all shows. The tour supports the Apl.De.Ap Foundation and the Philippine American Celebration.
About Apl.de.ap Foundation
The Apl.de.ap Foundation is a non-governmental organization committed to empowering Filipino youth. We partner and collaborate with organizations on creative and innovate approaches to arts and technology. Our goal is to provide the tools to individuals, who are passionate and driven to make a difference in their lives and in the lives of others.
About the Philippine American Celebration
The Philippine American Celebration organized for the Balboa Park Centennial 2015 Philippine American Celebration Committee (PACC), a partnership of ten organizations serving the San Diego’s Philippine American communities. The PACC (with fiscal sponsor COPAO, a nonprofit 501c3) formed to develop an event highlighting Philippine arts, culture, and entertainment for the Balboa Park Centennial, which marks 100 years since the Panama-California Exposition.
Balboa Park Centennial 2015 Philippine American Celebration Committee (BPC2015PAC): www.philippineamericancelebration.com
- 2015 Council of Philippine American Organizations (COPAO): www.copao-sandiego.org
- House of the Philippines: www.houseofthephilippines.org
- PASACAT Philippine Performing Arts Company: www.pasacat.org
- Philippine American Society of Arts & Culture (PASAC): www.pasac.org
- Operation Samahan: www.operationsamahan.org
- Samahan Filipino American Performing Arts & Education Center: www.samahanphilippinedance.com
- The Filipino School http://www.thefilipinoschool.com
- DOD Fed Globe: www.dodfedglobe.com
- FilAmFest: www.filamfest.org
- Gawad Kalinga: www.gk-usa.org
- Silayan Filipina National Organization: www.silayanfilipina.com
Get Tickets for the Filipino Comedy Tour. Featuring: Joey Guila, Ron Josol, Keith Pedro, Michael Quu, Rembrandt, special guest Comedian/Magician Justin Rivera, and DJ R1CKONE.July 21, 2015
Please support the Apl.de.ap Foundation and the Balboa Park Centennial 2015 Philippine American Celebration! Jois us for The Filipino Comedy Tour San Diego on Saturday, August 29th, at The Comedy Palace with 8pm and 10pm, featuring comedians Joey Guila, Ron Josol, Keith Pedro, Michael Quu, Rembrandt, special guest Comedian/Magician Justin Rivera, and DJ R1CKONE.
The Filipino Comedy Tour featuring comedians Joey Guila, Ron Josol, Keith Pedro, Michael Quu, Rembrandt, special guest Comedian/Magician Justin Rivera, and DJ R1CKONE
The Comedy Palace
8878 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego CA 92123
The Filipino Comedy Tour tickets: $25 (18 & Over)
Military & Students with ID: $20
LaughTime: 8pm and 10pm
After Party $10 starting at 11:30pm
Current Offer: Buy 5 tix & get 1 FREE
Fundraiser supporting the Apl.de.ap Foundation and PACC
Download Link: Itliong Day California_press release
As an SDG&E Energy Solutions Partner we are spreading the word that “TODAY IS A FLEX ALERT DAY!” Please do your part to help conserve energy. Learn more at http://flexalert.org/
Our friends at Operation Samahan are inviting you to their upcoming Open House this July 7th @ 4:00-6:00pm at their National City Clinic building. Light food and refreshments will be provided with a tour of our facilities, meet and greet with the staff!
If you’re not able to make it, we will also have an Open House at our Mira Mesa clinic on Thursday, July 9th with the same hours.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/862314163803645/
Energy Solutions Partners Message: June 2015
Make a Splash with New Pool Equipment Rebates
As a pool owner, you enjoy a clean pool, but did you know that the energy needed to run a filtration pump and pool cleaner can be a significant part of your monthly energy bill?
By replacing your single-speed or two speed pump and hydraulic cleaner with more efficient models, you can maintain a sparkling swimming pool while lowering your costs.
Splash offers rebates for installing qualifying energy efficient variable-speed pool pumps, as well as a new rebate for robotic pool cleaners.
Care For Your Cool
In San Diego, we use our air conditioner in the summer and heater in the winter.
The AC Quality Care Program provides residents with specially trained and skilled
contractors to perform year-round Quality Maintenance of your heating and
cooling system to help ensure a reliable and energy-efficient operation.
With a $250 initial rebate, SDG&E customers are eligible to receive a System
Assessment & Improvement for $50, a service designed to increase indoor
comfort, air quality and energy efficiency. How cool is that!?
- Set your air conditioner to 78 degrees or higher. Changing the A/C from 72 to 78 degrees can save up to 12% of your cooling costs.
- Switch to fans when you can. Use a portable or ceiling fan instead of A/C when you can comfortably do so.
- Freshen A/C filters regularly. Make sure the filter in your central A/C is so it runs more efficiently.
- Weatherstrip and caulk drafty doors and windows to keep conditioned air and save up to 5% on cooling costs.
- Power down equipment. Use power strips or unplug electronics such as game consoles and TVs that draw power even when switched off.
- Make the light choice. When you replace lights, products such as LEDs and CFLs.
- Use a pool or spa cover. Covers can reduce heat loss by up to 90%.
- Filter your swimming pool for less when you switch to variable-speed pool pump and get one of our rebates.
- Block direct sunlight. Close window coverings, or use solar reflective films, awnings or trees to shade exposed windows.
- Target your top opportunities to save energy and money with the energy management tools you’ll find in My Account.
Mga kaibigan (Friends), the time has come to pay respect to two unsung heroes in our community! Please take the time out of your day to support the building of the Itliong VeraCruz Bridge on Woodman and the 54!
Visit their page to learn more and go to http://fanhs-sandiego.org/giving/ to donate to this cause!
Here’s a great opportunity to be honored. View this article for more details: http://kampsd.org/2015/03/22/honoring-the-class-of-2015-at-the-7th-annual-high-school-filipinao-graduation-of-san-diego/
///////SDG&E APRIL POST///////
Here’s yet another post from our wonderful friends at SDG&E:———————————
Whether you rent or own, income qualified customers are eligible to receive free energy-efficient home improvements. Connect someone you know today.