Energy Solutions Partners Message: June 2015
Make a Splash with New Pool Equipment Rebates
As a pool owner, you enjoy a clean pool, but did you know that the energy needed to run a filtration pump and pool cleaner can be a significant part of your monthly energy bill?
By replacing your single-speed or two speed pump and hydraulic cleaner with more efficient models, you can maintain a sparkling swimming pool while lowering your costs.
Splash offers rebates for installing qualifying energy efficient variable-speed pool pumps, as well as a new rebate for robotic pool cleaners.
Care For Your Cool
In San Diego, we use our air conditioner in the summer and heater in the winter.
The AC Quality Care Program provides residents with specially trained and skilled
contractors to perform year-round Quality Maintenance of your heating and
cooling system to help ensure a reliable and energy-efficient operation.
With a $250 initial rebate, SDG&E customers are eligible to receive a System
Assessment & Improvement for $50, a service designed to increase indoor
comfort, air quality and energy efficiency. How cool is that!?
- Set your air conditioner to 78 degrees or higher. Changing the A/C from 72 to 78 degrees can save up to 12% of your cooling costs.
- Switch to fans when you can. Use a portable or ceiling fan instead of A/C when you can comfortably do so.
- Freshen A/C filters regularly. Make sure the filter in your central A/C is so it runs more efficiently.
- Weatherstrip and caulk drafty doors and windows to keep conditioned air and save up to 5% on cooling costs.
- Power down equipment. Use power strips or unplug electronics such as game consoles and TVs that draw power even when switched off.
- Make the light choice. When you replace lights, products such as LEDs and CFLs.
- Use a pool or spa cover. Covers can reduce heat loss by up to 90%.
- Filter your swimming pool for less when you switch to variable-speed pool pump and get one of our rebates.
- Block direct sunlight. Close window coverings, or use solar reflective films, awnings or trees to shade exposed windows.
- Target your top opportunities to save energy and money with the energy management tools you’ll find in My Account.
Mga kaibigan (Friends), the time has come to pay respect to two unsung heroes in our community! Please take the time out of your day to support the building of the Itliong VeraCruz Bridge on Woodman and the 54!
Visit their page to learn more and go to http://fanhs-sandiego.org/giving/ to donate to this cause!
Here’s a great opportunity to be honored. View this article for more details: http://kampsd.org/2015/03/22/honoring-the-class-of-2015-at-the-7th-annual-high-school-filipinao-graduation-of-san-diego/
///////SDG&E APRIL POST///////
Here’s yet another post from our wonderful friends at SDG&E:———————————
Whether you rent or own, income qualified customers are eligible to receive free energy-efficient home improvements. Connect someone you know today.
Spring time means home and yard improvement projects. Get your home inside and out ready for the season with these helpful tips.
Inside the home
Discovering how and what is using energy in your home is the first step to understanding where your biggest energy-saving opportunities lie. Take SDG&E’s energy survey and get a customized report with energy-saving recommendations.
• Simply log into sdge.com/myaccount.
• Click on the “My Energy” tab
• Click on My Energy Survey.
For more information and a step-by-step guide. Click here.
Outside the Home
Planning to plan a tree or install a fence or deck? WAIT! Here’s what you need to know first. Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call – even small projects like planting trees and shrubs. Gas pipelines can be located anywhere – under streets, sidewalks and yes even in your yard. Damaging a pipeline can cause a dangerous break or leak, can disrupt service to an entire neighborhood and can result in injury or expense.
Calling 811 before every digging job gets your underground utility lines marked for free and helps prevent undesired consequences. For more information about staying safe visit http://www.sdge.com/safety/gas-safety/dial-811-you-dig .
Have your appliances checked annually
SDG&E offers free gas appliance safety check-ups to help you keep your natural gas appliances in safe working condition. Schedule and manage your appointment online.
All you have to do is select your date, set up your appointment and provide some additional information. It’s that easy.
Once you’re done, your request is automatically scheduled. SDG&E will send you an email confirmation. After that you can track your requests or update them online. If your plans change, no problem. You can always update your request or cancel it at your convenience.
You can also schedule your appointment by calling 1-800-411-7343.